Monday, August 25, 2008

So I burned our porch down...

Well, I almost burned our porch down. I definitely burned a hole in it. We were smoking a turkey (no, kids, that’s not a euphemism for smoking something else) and I guess a spark flew out. I was trying to get Luke down for a nap and when I went to check on the turkey the porch was on fire! Luckily I have mad fire fighting skilz and was able to put it out before my house burned down and my wife divorced me for being a careless pig.

In other Fitzgerald news I will be interviewing today at 2:30 for the chaplain job at Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital. I have no reason whatsoever to suspect that I will get this job except through the grace of God. I have no real experience in counseling, I don’t have my seminary degree yet, and I have never been a chaplain. I think that it will be a great experience; I think that through God’s strength I can do the job, and I think that I would love it. But we will wait and see if it is in God’s greater plan! I’ll update ya’ll later today…

We did find a church yesterday that we really liked. I think we will try it again next week and keep praying. Miss all of you and we’ll talk to you soon!

A heapin’ helpin’ of blessings on your head.

Joey

UPDATE:

The interview went great! I really don't think it could have gone any smoother. Now it's a waiting and praying game. They are interviewing others and it will just be a matter of how I stack up. God has it under control. If He wants me in there I am confident that I will get it, if not something else will come up! It's good to rest in the knowledge that our Daddy will always take care of us...Bless yo' heads -Joey

10 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Props to your mad fire fighting skilz!! (and to God for not letting your house burn down).

Praying for your interview today!
Can't wait to hear how it goes!

The Wild World of Richmond said...

That title really grabs your attention!!!Glad everyone ended up okay! I hope the turkey was good. I love smoked turkey or chicken.
Praying for you today!
Terri

Tammy Howard said...

So....have you considered being a fireman? I guess it doesn't count if you start your own fires....

Praying for your interview today!!

Tammy

Maddie said...

Is it wrong that I totally laughed out loud at the whole mental picture of all that?? Seriously, glad you saved the house cause it would be a shame for the hottest couple to walk the streets of Kentucky to get a divorce.

Praying today!

Kevin & Lacey Hammontree said...

Way to save your house. But hey that how memories are made. Maybe next time you should smoke the turkey in the driveway. I'll have to get Kevin & Whit to read this one they will get a kick out of it.

Just to let you know we will be praying for you today. Hope all goes well.

Lacey H

Cyndi Lou said...

I am still praying for you, Joey, but I had to laugh out loud too! I am with Tammy Hil on this one!! That mental image is priceless and yes, it would be truly sad to see the 'hottest couple to walk the streets of Mayberry, I mean Asbury, KY' to be walking separately! LOL!!

Glad to hear that 1/2 of the HOTTEST couple didn't burn the house down! :)

Still praying!

BOYH,

Cyndi

Sandy said...

Just finished praying for you during your interview... maybe I should have been praying for the house and that it not be consumed by flames! Smokey the Bear says... "only you can prevent house fires!" Oh well, my mom left me asleep inside our house when the back porch caught fire... I was only a few days old and she totally forgot about me! As you can tell, she finally remembered me and came back for me.

Let us know how the interview went.

BOYH
Sandy

Nana Elaine said...

Boy that brought back memories!!
Doug burned a 3 ft square hole in our deck last year. He left the old charcoal grill on the deck after cooking and the hot coals burned through the bottom of the rusted grill and dropped on the deck. I woke up the next morning and looked out and surprise surprise a big hole in the deck. If God had not brought a shower that night it would have set our house on fire. FEEL BETTER??
Congratulations to Brandi for the job. That will be a great opportunity for "big people" conversation a witness for the Lord.
I love you guys and miss you.
Elaine

Tamara Chastain said...

Well I'm glad your house is still standing.

Praying God's will for the job.

Anothermadhousewife said...

BRANDIE AND JOEY FITZGERALD! How awesome to see your bloggin' faces. I can't believe it's taken me this long to stop by. I am a total blog-a-holic. A couple weeks ago, we hooked our T.V. up (1st time in over 5 yrs), and I never turn it on. . .because I'm too busy reading blogs. :)

So glad to hear about the job for Brandie. The chaplain gig sounds great too.

I've had the same blog for 4 yrs or so. Anna's photography has pretty much hijacked my blog lately. I've quit writing, "Anna took these." Everything was taken by her, unless otherwise specified. She's like a free, family photographer. Check her out! Much love from the Whites, Erika :)
http://www.xanga.com/Anothermadhousewife