Thursday, August 21, 2008

Some observations about Kentucky

Kentucky is considerably less humid than Georgia. Really, it's possible to actually breathe during the summer. I know that many of you might find that hard to believe, but it's true! I went outside and wasn't immediately drenched and suffocated by tiny particles of water hanging around in the air. I mean, it's not Colorado, but boy it sure feels better in August in Kentucky than in Georgia.

Thanks for all the prayers from all of you. Brandie has two interviews today, so maybe at least one will be exactly what we need! If not, we'll just keep looking. God has something out there that is going to be a perfect fit.

Well, I'll let Brandie do the next post and we promise to put some pictures up soon. Hope everyone is doing great and we miss all of you! Live in the "foolishness of God's Grace" and His unfailing Love.

A few observations about the Commonwealth of Kentucky:

1. Someone failed to mention to Kentucky that cigarette smoke is harmful. Seriously. It is possible that the Government reached a settlement with the tobacco industry in which they agreed to put warning labels on tobacco products as long as they could just keep Kentucky in the dark.

2. Grass is not blue here despite what you may think. It's not even especially green.

3. There may be more equestrian statues around than people. They really love horses here. Almost as much as they love their Camels and Winston Lights.

4. Men that are enrolled in the Seminary find beards highly fashionable. I may have to grow one to be in the cool crowd.

In Him,

Joey

I must add that a couple of nights ago Joey and I were sitting on the back porch around 9:00 and a horse drawn buggy passed by and the driver waved at us. This was a different buggy than we saw last week going through the middle of town while we were riding bikes.

In addition Joey got a call to interview for a chaplain job. His interview is Monday. I received a job offer from my first interview and can't wait for the second. What a great day and what an awsome God we have. For weeks nothing and then within two days we have interviews and offers.

Brandie

10 comments:

MBJones said...

Missing you guys and praying for Brandie's interviews. A bearded, air-brushing pastor sounds intriguing! I would go to that church.

MB

jonesfamily said...

You didn't know you should have kept that beard from VBS! Who knew we were on to something...LOL
We are praying for Brandie today. And I am with MB, what a cool church (Do you need a children's minister??...lol)

Kevin & Lacey Hammontree said...

We will be praying for Brandie with her interviews. Kevin has often thought of you guys and he talks lot about you. Sounds like thing are going pretty well.

Whit is working the next Tres Dias!! He is so excited!!

Keep us posted

Lacey & Kevin

Brad and Shana said...

Praying with you that today will be God's will revealed concerning employment!! Let us know how it goes!

Miss you guys!

Cyndi Lou said...

That is wonderful news about the interviews Brandie AND Joey! I pray this afternoon's coffee shop interview goes well! It IS pretty awesome that God is blessing you within a few days after weeks of nothing! He is always right on time!!

Kentucky sounds like a interesting place and I might have to move there, but I must say you had me at 'less humid'... You didn't have to say another word!!

Love you guys and praying for you daily,

Cyndi

Sandy said...

Hey guys! Great news on the job offer Brandie. I was praying for you during your 5:00 interview too. I can't wait to hear how that one went and for how Joey's goes on Monday. I will be praying Monday, I have the time scheduled on my appointment calendar so I can stop and pray for Joey while he is interviewing.

Blessing to all in Mayberry!
Sandy

PS - the money is on its way!

Jenny said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh it makes my heart so happy. Praise God for what only He can do. Throughout this interesting experience your attitudes have been a true blessing and example! You guys are awesome and I love and miss you a whole stinkin bunch!

Maddie said...

Yesterday morning as I was praying, I pleaded with God that he would give you some hope that very day. He way outdid himself! :) Yea God!!! Love you guys and continue to pray!

Tammy Howard said...

Isn't God good? Wow, interviews and offers...just like that. Amazing what God can do in just one day isn't it?

Less humid huh? We may need to visit Mayberry before fall gets here.

We are keeping you in our prayers. I'm so glad you have this blog....it make you guys feel so much closer to home.

Love,

Tammy

Brad and Shana said...

Rejoicing with you over offers and interviews. May God due exceedingly and abundantly more than we can think or imagine!