Friday, October 17, 2008

We'll folks, it's been awhile since I wrote! Sorry about that, things have been a bit nuts around hear. Jack's birthday was a week after mine, we went out of town, Brandie's mom came to visit, I had multiple papers due, and life in general just took precedence over blogging.

Things around here are going fairly well, despite being busy. Football is over for the boys so that opens up some time. I am turning into a wonderful little househusband, cooking and cleaning while Brandie brings home the big bucks. (OK, so she doesn’t bring home big bucks, but she is working hard.) She interviewed for a new job last week, so keep that in your prayers. Income is very tight and we need something to change. This job would be working for the court system in Lexington and sounds pretty good.

I really want to share with all of you the things that I am learning! God is really instilling into me a vision for a church one day. I can’t wait to see the fruition of God’s plan in all of this!

One word before I go: Pray! I have been burdened the past few weeks with the notion that the Christian Church in America needs to get down on their knees to pray for herself to be transformed. Folks, I really think that most have misunderstood the call of the Church. There is a hurting world out there that cannot be fixed by politics, war, environmentalism, secular peace movements, or anything else. James 2:17 says that faith without works is “utter nonsense!” (The Message) The Church needs to be more than a gathering of morally good people that agree on a doctrinal creed. We need to be a body in action. I know that those of you that read this blog are that type of person, but unfortunately we make up the minority of Christians! Lets get on our knees together and pray that the Holy Spirit move through the Church and “renew a right spirit within us”. The only thing that can transform this hurting world is Jesus Christ, and the Church is the instrument that He will use if we submit!

I love each of you and miss you with all my heart! Peace of the Lord to all of you.

In Him,

Joey

4 comments:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Joey, we are continually praying for you and your family. We also are in agreement about prayer for our country, our leaders, and all who need Jesus.
Just remember that you are loved in so many ways. The kids at church truly miss you.
hugs,
Terri

Jenny said...

Gah, I miss y'all so much. You're still being prayed for and prayer for America is most definitely needed and that deep is growing daily! So looking forward to the next time I see you guys.

Tammy Howard said...

Good word Joey!

We continue to pray for you and all your family.

We miss you guys!!!

Kevin & Lacey Hammontree said...

He guys hope all is well!! I need your address. I need to send you something.

Thanks

Lacey