Saturday, September 20, 2008

Unemployment, a broken arm, and other madness


Well, It seems that I am not chaplain material. I finally got a call from the hospital, but it wasn't the one I hoped for. Oh well, I guess God has something else. Please keep praying for the job situation ‘cause the cupboards are getting’ bare!

As you may know, since I don't have a job and Brandie is working at the coffee shop, we are without insurance. Medicaid has been applied for so all we have to do is hang in there and hope that nothing hap…uh oh…

That's right, something happened. Sam was playing lights-out defense at his football game when a helmet hit his elbow and took him down! He has a fracture behind some growth plates. We have to take him to an orthopedic doctor this week and find out what he wants to do. The ER doc put a splint on it that goes from his hand up to his shoulder. Probably they will want to put a cast on it, but we’ll just have to wait to find out. It appears that the league's insurance will cover the bills, but keep that in your prayers. We just don't have the money to cover it otherwise.

Well, other than that I have three papers due this week, I turn 35 on Wednesday, Sam Jack and I shaved our heads, and we all miss home!

I know that I am being pretty transparent here, but you are my brothers and sisters In Christ and we need your prayers. God is good and I am sure that next time I will have a happier post! I hope that the Lord is blessing each of you. You are all missed greatly by the Fitzgerald family.

In Him,

Joey

10 comments:

Kevin & Lacey Hammontree said...

Hang in there guys!! Things will get better. We are praying for you!! Please know that we miss you and think about you all the time. Things are just not the same without you.

WE LOVE YOU,

Kevin & Lacey

Brad and Shana said...

I've been thinking about ya'll and hoping for an "update" post, but kinda wishing I would hear better news.

Keep on keeping on, God Has NOT forgotten about you!

We'll be praying for you to have an extra measure of strength and perseverance!

Love and miss you,
Brad & Shana

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Man, I will tell Ken and the youth tonight at church to really lift you guys up. God's got big things in store...hang tight. Love and prayers to all of you!
Terri

PS I would have liked to see a pic of all the shaved heads...I can somehow see Sam and Jack, but Joey's the one I'm struggling with...LOL!
Happy Birthday!

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry that you didn't get the job and about Sam's arm! I love you guys and miss you terribly. I wish I could just drive there and give you all hugs. Still praying and encouraged by your attitudes!

Love you!

Maddie said...

Have I told you that I think you guys are amazing?? I'm with Jenny, your attitude is so encouraging. We will keep on prayin! Sending you lots of (((hugs)))! You must really be on God's page, otherwise Satan wouldn't be buggin you so much!

Tamara Chastain said...

Bless your hearts! Y'all are in our thoughts and prayers. God is in control.

Tammy Howard said...

We are praying for you guys!

Sorry to heard the bad news about Sam and about the job. Hang in there....God is still at work.

We miss you guys soooooo much!!!!

I want to see the pictures of the shaved heads too!

Maddie said...

Happy birthday Joey!!!!! Hope your day is fabulous! Here's to no more broken bones and employment...not sure you can do much abou the madness, you do after all have 3 young children! :)

Brad and Shana said...

Happy Birthday Joey!

May you feel surrounded by God's provision today and the upcoming days!!

Blessings to you & yours!

Happy Birthday!
Shana

Erik and Angela Green said...

Happy Birthday Joey!